The Skinny Vanilla Latte is a popular drink at Starbucks. It’s made with skimmed milk, espresso, and vanilla and usually has about 200 calories. But how many calories are in each size? Here are the numbers:
My go-to drink is the skinny grande vanilla latte, which has a velvety smooth blend of vanilla flavor, milk, and espresso that just can’t be beaten.
What is a skinny vanilla latte?
A skinny vanilla latte is a latte made with nonfat milk and vanilla syrup. It is typically ordered with the word “skinny” added to the drink’s name to make it easier to remember. This shortened form of the drink has come to be associated with non-fat milk and is often referred to as a “skinny vanilla latte.”
A skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks includes steamed nonfat milk, espresso, vanilla syrup, and milk foam.
- Nonfat Milk: Nonfat milk, also known as skim milk, is dairy milk with zero grams of fat. It’s the lowest calorie milk Starbucks currently offers.
- Classic Vanilla Syrup: The number of pumps (vanilla) are determined by the size of your drink.
- Espresso: A skinny vanilla latte must include espresso – the essential flavor that elevates all else.
- Milk Foam: Milk foam is created during the steaming process and helps give your latte a fluffy, airy texture.
How many calories are in a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte?
Like most coffee drinks, the calorie content of a skinny vanilla latte will depend on the size of the drink. That said, the calories in a skinny vanilla latte are relatively low depending on your daily values.
☕ Short Skinny Vanilla Latte Calories
A short skinny vanilla latte has just 60 calories. It has 0 g fat, 75 milligrams of caffeine, 9 grams of carbs (9 g net carbs), 8 grams sugar, and 6 grams protein.
|Serving Size||8 oz|
☕ Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte Calories
A tall skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks has 70 calories and 75mg of caffeine. In addition, it has 0 grams of fat, 8 grams of sugar, 9 grams of carbohydrates, and 6 grams of protein.
|Serving Size||12 oz|
☕ Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte Calories
A venti skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks has 200 calories and 150mg of caffeine. In addition, it has 0 grams of fat, 37 grams of carbohydrates, and 12 grams of protein.
|Serving Size||16 oz|
☕ Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte Calories
A venti skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks has 250 calories and 150mg of caffeine. It has 0 grams of fat, 47 grams of total carbs, and 15 g protein.
|Serving Size||20 oz|
Note: Any Starbucks iced vanilla latte (skinny or regular) version of the below drinks has more pumps of vanilla, more milk, and therefore, more calories.
Additional Types of Skinny Vanilla Lattes
This is the section for you if you want more information on Starbucks skinny vanilla latte variations. In this section, I discuss the Starbucks Blonde Skinny Vanilla Latte and the Iced Espresso Classics Skinny Vanilla Latte.
1. Starbucks® Blonde Skinny Vanilla Latte
Blonde espresso is Starbucks’ latest addition to its menu, and it’s lighter than regular, bold espresso. A popular drink that uses lighter espresso is the blonde vanilla latte. The blonde vanilla latte is made with 2% milk by default. By simply replacing the 2% milk with one with fewer calories, you’ve got yourself a blonde skinny vanilla latte!
2. Starbucks® iced espresso classics: Skinny Vanilla Latte
The Starbucks® Iced Espresso Classics: Skinny Vanilla Latte was discontinued in 2021. Although this specific drink isn’t available anymore, Starbucks has a ton of other bottled drink options under the Starbucks® Discoveries umbrella. Here’s a list of what’s currently available.
Skinny Vanilla Latte Iced Espresso (discontinued in 2021)
- Starbucks Cold Brew Concentrate
- Unsweetened Medium Roast Iced Coffee
- Unsweetened Dark Roast Iced Coffee
- Black Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee
- Subtly Sweet Medium Roast Iced Coffee
- Caramel Macchiato Iced Espresso
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee
- Vanilla Latte Iced Espresso
- Caffe Mocha Iced Espresso
- Dark Chocolate Oatmilk Cold Brew Coffee
How do I order a Skinny Vanilla Latte?
You will want to first choose your size when ordering at the drive-thru window or the counter. Then, say this: “Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte.” If you want it iced, say “Iced” first. So, “Iced Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte.”
What’s the difference between a latte and a skinny latte?
A standard latte is made with 2% milk or whole milk. A skinny latte or “nonfat latte” is made with nonfat milk.
Does a skinny vanilla latte have sugar?
While skinny vanilla lattes may not have the same taste as their full-fat counterparts, they do contain sugar. In fact, they’re made with nonfat milk but use pumps of vanilla, which contain sugar. Not to mention, there is also a tiny amount of natural sugar in the nonfat milk.
So while these drinks may be lower in calories, they’re not free from sugar – something to keep in mind if you want to limit your sugar intake.
Skinny Sugar Free Vanilla Latte vs. Skinny Vanilla Latte
A skinny vanilla latte uses regular vanilla syrup, while a sugar-free version uses…you guessed it... sugar-free vanilla syrup.
What are some Skinny Vanilla Latte Milk Substitutions
If you’re trying to stick to a specific calorie diet, you can adjust the nutrition of your latte by making a healthier milk choice. Here’s a breakdown of milk substitutions and their total calorie count.
Note: A skinny vanilla latte w almond milk has the least amount of calories of any plant-based milk.
|Milk Type||16oz Calories|
I’ve listed the same table information below. Keep in mind these calorie counts are for 16-ounce drinks. If you’re looking for a vegan or plant-based skinny vanilla latte option, you’d want to go with almond, coconut, or soy milk. Nonfat milk has the least calories, followed closely by almond and coconut milk.
- Grande nonfat vanilla latte: 130 calories
- Grande almond milk vanilla latte: 170 calories
- Grande Coconut milk vanilla latte: 170 Calories
- Grande Soy milk vanilla latte: 214 Calories
- Grande 2% vanilla latte: 250 calories
- Grande Whole milk vanilla latte: 280 calories
- Grande Oat milk vanilla latte: 342 calories