- Was just ONE coffee-tasting away from earning my Coffee Master title at Starbucks when they suddenly retired the program!
- Kelsey is an accredited member of The Specialty Coffee Association of America and The Barista Guild
- Served coffee as a barista and store manager for over twenty years in both Seattle and California.
- Father to my wonderful daughter and Husband to my beautiful wife.
I embarked on my journey as a coffee blogger when I realized how cathartic it was to write about something dear to me: Coffee. With over 20 years of barista experience, mostly in Seattle—a place some might call the coffee capital—it was a path that felt right. The modest ad revenue I earn each month? Well, that’s a delightful bonus that’s funneled straight into my daughter’s college fund.Kelsey
- Served as a barista at Tully’s Coffee in Seattle from 2001 to 2003.
- Moved up to store manager at Tully’s Coffee from 2003 to 2006.
- Worked as an assistant store manager at Starbucks in Goleta and Santa Barbara, California from 2006 to 2010.
- Held a part-time barista position at Caffe Ladro in Seattle from 2011 to 2017.
- Shifted to graphic design in Seattle, working as a Graphic Designer from 2011 to 2016.
- Promoted to Senior Graphic Designer in Seattle from 2016 to 2018.
- Joined as Art Director in St. Louis from 2017 to the present.
- Became a professional coffee blogger in 2020, leveraging 20 years of barista experience.