Have you heard of the Cinderella Latte? If you’re a fan of the iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, you’ll definitely want to give this now-famous Cinderella Latte a try.
Table of Contents
What is a Cinderella Latte?
The Cinderella Latte, a Disney-inspired drink, was created by a former Starbucks employee and Instagrammer, @HappiestTeesOnEarth. It’s essentially a Pumpkin Spice Latte with half the pumpkin sauce replaced by White Chocolate Mocha Sauce, available hot, cold, or as a Frappuccino. Its popularity has inspired Cinderella Latte-themed merchandise, including a sky-blue t-shirt featuring the drink and Disney-inspired details.
Here’s @HappiestTeesOnEarth’s Instagram account:
Unveiling the Mystery: The Ingredients
The secret behind the Cinderella Latte lies in its unique combination of flavors. It typically starts with a base of a pumpkin spice latte, which consists of espresso, steamed milk, and pumpkin spice syrup. However, it’s the addition of a few enchanting ingredients that truly sets this beverage apart. Let’s take a closer look at the magical components that bring this latte to life:
- Espresso: 1-2 shots
- Pumpkin Sauce: 2 pumps (half the usual amount)
- White Chocolate Mocha Sauce: 2 pumps
- Milk: 8-12 oz
- Whipped Cream: Optional
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Optional
Ordering a Cinderella Latte from Starbucks
To order a Cinderella Latte at Starbucks, you would order a Pumpkin Spice Latte and ask your barista to substitute half of the pumps of pumpkin spice syrup with white mocha syrup1.
Crafting a Cinderella Latte at Home with an Espresso Machine
Prefer making your own Cinderella Latte at home? It’s quite simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Brew one or two shots of strong coffee, ideally using an espresso machine.
- Add equal amounts of Pumpkin Sauce and White Chocolate Mocha Sauce to the brewed espresso. If you don’t have these at home, you can usually find them at a well-stocked grocery store.
- Steam your choice of milk. If you don’t have a steam wand, you can heat your milk on the stove and then whisk it vigorously to create some froth.
- Pour the steamed milk into the espresso and sauce mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Finish off your homemade Cinderella Latte by topping it with a generous swirl of whipped cream.
- Optional: dust the top of the whipped cream with a little Pumpkin Pie Spice for an extra seasonal touch.
Using a Breville Espresso Pro for a year, I can vouch for its incredible quality in making top-notch espresso and perfectly frothed milk for a Starbucks-like Cinderella Latte at home.
Home-Made Cinderella Latte without an Espresso Machine
To make a Cinderella Latte without an espresso machine, you need brewed coffee, vanilla syrup, pumpkin spice syrup, white chocolate syrup, steamed milk, whipped cream, and pumpkin spice. Here’s a general guideline:
- Pour a cup of hot coffee into a cup. Add one tablespoon each of pumpkin syrup and white chocolate syrup. Mix well and add vanilla syrup.
- Top with your desired amount of steamed milk. To make steamed milk, add half a cup of low-fat milk into a jar, close the lid, and shake it vigorously for 30 seconds or a minute until the milk gets frothy and expands.
- Remove the lid and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Top with whipped cream and pumpkin spice as desired2.
- Pull one or two shots of strong coffee.
- Add Pumpkin Sauce and White Chocolate Mocha Sauce to the espresso.
- Steam the milk.
- Add the steamed milk to the espresso mixture.
- Top the drink with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some Pumpkin Pie Spice on top (optional).
Cinderella Latte Nutrition Info
Here are some estimated nutritional values for a Cinderella Latte, along with a Here is a table showing the calorie count of the Cinderella Latte in each size (hot and iced) from Starbucks:
Hot Cinderella Latte Nutrition
|Saturated Fat (g)
Icded Cinderella Latte Nutrition
|Saturated Fat (g)
Bear in mind, calorie counts in the table might vary based on the barista’s preparation and any added extras like syrup or toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many calories are in a Cinderella Latte?
The exact calorie count of a Cinderella Latte may vary depending on the size and customization. On average, a 16-ounce Cinderella Latte made with whole milk and whipped cream contains approximately 360 calories. Opting for non-dairy milk and omitting the whipped cream can help reduce the calorie content.
Is the Cinderella Latte vegan-friendly?
The Cinderella Latte can be made vegan-friendly by substituting dairy milk with non-dairy alternatives like almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk. Be sure to inform your barista about your dietary preferences, and they will happily accommodate your request.
Is the Cinderella Latte available year-round?
The Cinderella Latte is most commonly available during the fall and winter months when pumpkin spice flavors are in high demand. However, availability may vary depending on the coffee shop. It’s always best to check with your local coffee establishment.
What’s the origin of the name “Cinderella Latte”?
The drink’s creator, @HappiestTeesOnEarth, thought that the white pumpkin reminded her of Cinderella’s coach, and that’s why it’s called the Cinderella Latte.
Can I order a Cinderella Latte at Starbucks?
While the Cinderella Latte is not an official menu item, many Starbucks baristas are familiar with the recipe and can make it for you upon request. It’s a popular underground beverage among Disney fans.
Where can I find the Cinderella Latte recipe?
The recipe for the Cinderella Latte can be found here, on this blog post, or on @HappiestTeesOnEarth’s Instagram account. She’s the former barista who created this version of the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Is the Cinderella Latte Available at Disney Parks?
If you’re planning a trip to Disney, you might even be able to enjoy the Cinderella Latte while there! The drink has gained popularity in Disney Parks, and you may be able to find it at the Starbucks locations on Main Street.
Can I customize the Cinderella Latte?
Absolutely! Just like Cinderella’s glass slipper, the Cinderella Latte can be tailored to your preferences. If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor, you can ask for an extra shot of espresso. Likewise, if you prefer a sweeter taste, you can request an additional pump of pumpkin spice syrup.